START HEALING NOW
WHAT IS REAL TIME ULTRASOUND IMAGING?
Centre for Musculoskeletal Medicine now offers Real-Time Ultrasound Imaging (RTUI) to assist the recovery and aid prevention of musculoskeletal problems. Our specially-trained clinicians can image the deep muscles in your back, lower abdominal area and pelvis to check if they are working correctly.
RTUI is a powerful diagnostic tool in assessing and re-educating faulty movement patterns that contribute to long term and recurring pain. It is important to learn how to activate the muscles in your tummy, back and pelvic floor that can be seen with Ultrasound Imaging to enhance core stability and improve motor control in any painful spine and pelvic conditions. Many chronic problems in the back and pelvis do not improve with treatment or exercises because the deep unit is either not working at all or people are exercising the wrong muscle group.
Real Time Ultrasound Imaging - When To Consider One
- Acute and chronic low back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Sport injuries
- Lumbopelvic instability
- Pelvic floor muscle weakness
What To Expect From A Real Time Ultrasound
- Visual feedback removes guesswork, and confirms what you should practice during exercise and day to day movement.
- Using the RTUI machine your clinician can show you which muscles should be working and how to activate them correctly in Real-Time. It is non-invasive and there is no radiation.
- RTUI appointments usually take 20-30 minutes and can be booked through reception.
Ask your practitioner at Centre for Musculoskeletal Medicine whether it is right for you.